might must should
1. Nancy said you didn't need to buy her anything for her birthday, but I really think you ________ at least get her some flowers or a nice bottle of wine.
2. Debbie said she was really busy this week, but I think she ______________ show up at the party if she doesn't have to work overtime on Friday.
3. Nina said she would come over right after work, so she ____________ be here by 6:00.
4. Oh my God, he's unconscious. Don't move him - he ____________ have internal injuries. Somebody call an ambulance.
5. You ____________ be kidding! That can't be true.
6. Dan: Where's the remote control? I want to change the channel.
Fiona: I don't know. It ____________ be under the couch. Or, perhaps I absent-mindedly took it into the kitchen. I'll check in there.
7. For most people, learning a language is a challenging undertaking. Experts agree that to make the most of your language learning experience, you ____________ practice the language regularly and push yourself to maintain old vocabulary while acquiring new words and expressions.
8. New research suggests that exercise can reduce the chance of heart disease as well as cancer. That's why I told my father that he ____________ start walking once a day.
9. We should invite Sally and her husband to come to the picnic on Saturday. We haven't seen them in weeks, and they ____________ really enjoy a nice day at the beach.
10. Tim: While I was a student, I spent a year and a half studying Pygmy culture in the Central African Republic. My research focused on unique aspects of the their social structure and religion.
Simona: That ____________ have been absolutely fascinating!
11. We had better call Tony to see if he's at home before we go over to his house. He ____________ be there and we don't want to drive all the way over there for nothing.
12. At first, my boss didn't want to hire Sam. But, because I had previously worked with Sam, I told my boss that he ____________ take another look at his resume and reconsider him for the position.
13. You ____________ worry so much. It doesn't do you any good. Either you get the job, or you don't. If you don't, just apply for another one. Eventually, you will find work.
14. I would love to go on the cruise to Tahiti with Robin and Michelle. But such a luxurious trip ____________ cost a fortune. I doubt I could afford something like that.
15. The book recommends adding fresh soil and using plant food to make your garden flowers grow. Since some people might be allergic to chemicals in artificial plant foods, the book says that you ____________ use an organic brand to avoid skin irritations.